Update: We have now completed this recruitment project and are pleased to welcome Miss Corine Cheong as the newest member of our legal team.
Due to our increasingly large Chinese client base, Clarendon Law Solicitors is currently recruiting for the role of Legal Assistant (Mandarin-speaking).
Our legal services for Chinese clients
The successful applicant will be working with our team of solicitors and staff across a broad range of legal sectors involving Chinese clients, including:
- Civil litigation and dispute resolution (currently with a particular focus on property investment disputes and landlord/tenant);
- Family and matrimonial disputes, including divorce, separation of matrimonial assets and child disputes; and
- Commercial disputes and advice
Clarendon Law Solicitors are proud to work with many Chinese clients and to provide expert legal services to the Chinese community.
The details of the vacancy are as follows:
- Location: Regent Street, Nottingham
- Hours: Both part-time and full-time applications are welcome
- Salary: NMW (commensurate/rising with experience)
- Languages: The successful candidate will speak fluent Mandarin, as well as at least proficient English. Cantonese would also be favourably considered.
- Experience: No specific legal experience is required, although having worked and/or studied in the English legal system would be favourable.
This vacancy may perhaps suit a law student studying in Nottingham who wishes to gain practical legal experience and exposure to the English legal system.
As a legal assistant you will become part of a close and friendly team delivering quality legal services to our clients, both Chinese and otherwise. Your day-to-day work would include:
- Legal research
- Drafting simple legal documents
- Dealing with clients, particularly Chinese-speaking clients requiring translation, both in meetings and in written correspondence
- Assisting our team with clerical tasks as required
Candidates would be expected to be self-motivated, showing good initiative and organisational skills.
This firm prides itself on providing a positive environment for career development and training. If the successful candidate wishes to progress towards a training contract and qualification as a solicitor, then we would be supportive of that.
How to apply
Please send your CV with a covering letter or email to email@example.com, addressed to Miss Charis Wong.
The deadline for applications is close of business on Tuesday 3 November 2020, although early applications would be welcomed.
We may invite applicants, where possible, to join us for a short internship as part of the recruitment process.